KIDS for the BAY will bring the San Francisco Bay estuary into your classroom! Our program provides hands-on science experiments, animal and plant investigations, and activities that are aligned with Next Generation Science Standards. It includes three hours of instruction and a Teacher Activity Package.
“The entire program is well thought out and planned. My students learned a lot!”Catherine Spinner, Second Grade Teacher, Morello Park Elementary School, Martinez
Bay Estuary Scientists (Grades 1-6):
- Create a three-dimensional bay estuary model
- Experiment with fresh water and salt water to discover the unique properties of an estuary
- Find your place in the San Francisco Bay Area using large, full color maps
- Study bay food chains and investigate animals and plants that live in the bay, including fish, crabs, and seaweed
- Learn about opportunities to help protect and restore your local watershed.
“[The program was] very applicable and connected well with our science content standards.”Cameron Beatty, Fourth Grade Teacher, Jefferson Elementary School, San Leandro
“This was one of the best programs that I have had in my classroom in 25 years of teaching. It was informative, entertaining and worth every penny we spent on it! Thank you!”Susan Watts, Third Grade Teacher, Fairview Elementary School, Hayward
“The complete presentation was very interactive, and it was very well paced for my class.”Khadija Bailey, Second Grade Teacher, Ohlone Elementary School, Hercules
Email: email@example.com | Call: 510-985-1602