Week Two: June 24 – 28
Week Seven: July 29 – August 2
Aquatic Science Adventures: ages 5-7
Aquatic Science Explorers: ages 8-10
Explore fascinating aquatic environments including a salt marsh, creeks, and the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Hike along the bay and discover a beautiful oak forest with amazing views. Learn about the oldest shrimping village in the Bay Area and some interesting Bay Area natural history. Follow a special creek to find a hidden waterfall. Study and investigate aquatic invertebrates. Discover the adaptations that help organisms survive in freshwater and brackish water ecosystems. Learn about the importance of conserving freshwater for all life on earth and the actions you can take to conserve water each day.
Sample Aquatic Science Adventures Activities:
- Explore a salt marsh and learn about bay food chains
- Visit a creek and meet ancient redwood trees
- Explore the rocky shore and learn about bay animal adaptations
- Learn about natural resources and water conservation.
Sample Aquatic Science Explorers Activities:
- Go kayaking on the bay
- Hike to a secret waterfall
- Explore the bay shoreline and discover blue mussels, barnacles and crab exoskeletons
- Complete creek health surveys and water quality testing experiments.
Aquatic Science Adventures and Aquatic Science Explorers:
- Monday: Berkeley Marina
- Tuesday: Codornices Park
- Wednesday: Lake Anza
- Thursday: Berkeley Marina (Special Field Trip: China Camp State Park)
- Friday: Berkeley Marina (Explorers go kayaking on the bay)