KIDS for the BAY will bring the San Francisco Bay estuary into your classroom! Our program provides hands-on science experiments, animal and plant investigations, and activities that are aligned with Next Generation Science Standards. It includes three hours of instruction and a Teacher Activity Package.
“The entire program is well thought out and planned. My students learned a lot!”
— Catherine Spinner, Second Grade Teacher, Morello Park Elementary School, Martinez
Bay Estuary Scientists (Grades 1-6):
- Create a three-dimensional bay estuary model
- Experiment with fresh water and salt water to discover the unique properties of an estuary
- Find your place in the San Francisco Bay Area using large, full color maps
- Study bay food chains and investigate animals and plants that live in the bay, including fish, crabs, and seaweed
- Learn about opportunities to help protect and restore your local watershed.
“[The program was] very applicable and connected well with our science content standards.”
— Cameron Beatty, Fourth Grade Teacher, Jefferson Elementary School, San Leandro
Email: email@example.com | (510) 985-1602