Blue Watershed Classrooms Program
Join KIDS for the BAY for our engaging follow-up program! The Blue Watershed Classrooms Program will inspire and support classroom teachers who have previously participated in a KIDS for the BAY program in developing a watershed- friendly, Zero-Waste classroom community.
“Humans can be a part of a healthy watershed too, especially if we’re working together to keep it clean!”
— Nick, Fourth Grade Student, Ohlone Elementary School, Hercules
Teachers and students will:
- Increase their knowledge of their watershed environment and how it connects to local creeks, the San Francisco Bay and the Pacific Ocean
- Increase connections with nature and the environment
- Reduce trash and waste in their classroom and in their local watershed.
The Blue Watershed Classrooms Program includes:
- Classroom Lessons focusing on our unique San Francisco Bay watershed and how we are all connected to this special environment
- A school campus and neighborhood trash clean-up project
- Important, everyday classroom changes to reduce trash and waste.
AND these optional projects:
- Five Rs projects (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rot and Refuse) to reduce trash and waste
- A nature-based Field Trip with trash clean-up project
- Schoolwide outreach projects.
“One of the things I like to emphasize in my class is taking care of the environment. I really like that the program does this with such a great approach through science. I think that programs that teach students about the San Francisco Bay and how to take care of it should be in every school district around the Bay Area.”
— Jane Yee, Fourth Grade Teacher, Ohlone Elementary School, Hercules
An Orientation Meeting with a KIDS for the BAY Instructor, easy to teach Lesson Plans and a Zero-Waste Equipment Kit are provided to all participating teachers and classrooms.
All teachers who complete this program and our online evaluation form will receive a BLUE WATERSHED CLASSROOMS CERTIFICATE, will be recognized on our website AND will be entered into a drawing TO WIN a KIDS for the BAY:
- Hands-on science Classroom Workshop
- Spring Creek Field Trip program
- OR Low-Tide Bay Field Trip program.
Check out our Blue Watershed Classrooms Showcase!
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | (510) 985-1602